- Days: Wed, Apr 5 - May 31
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30 PM
- Where: Chapel
- Cost: FREE
A Blueprint for Aging Series
There is no doubt about it, aging brings various challenges. Some of us are caring for aging parents, some senior adults are caring for spouses, and there are many healthy older adults who aren't prepared for possible future care needs at all. There is so much to figure out, and most of us don't have a clue where to start.
The course will feature several different instructors, each of whom will present in their specific field of expertise as it relates to senior care topics. Through presentations, handouts and discussion for each class, this course will help prepare you for the issues and decisions you may be facing in relation to aging yourself or supporting your aging loved ones.
- At the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
- Identify a step-by-step plan to prepare for future or current senior care needs.
- Understand about types of in-home care services and the role of family.
- Describe the various types of housing options, care levels, and locations.
- Understand more about elder law as it addresses multi-generational legal issues.
- Identify simple steps for tackling the downsizing process whether you're moving or staying in place.
- Understand and use tips regarding how the estate sale process works.
The Speakers will each provide an educational presentation along with handout material. The participants are encouraged to ask questions. Your interest and attendance is appreciated.
|A Blueprint for Aging Teaching Schedule|
What are the 10 signs to start "That" conversation?
So You Don't Want To Stay In Your Home... Now What?
What to Look for When Looking for a Retirement Community or Adult Care Home - What are the costs?
|Cherie Henry/Diane Delaney|
I don't need Long-term Care Insurance, or do I?
|Planning for Your Estate and Review of Senior Resources||Julie Meyer-Rowett|
Daring to Downsize - Whether you are moving or staying
Moving On... Time to sell your home
Settling an Estate? Helping to Downsize? Help is on the Way!
Your Questions Answered
|Panel of experts|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Adult Children of Seniors
- Those Caring for Aging Family Members
- Other who are Interested in the Topic