Here are some Upcoming Events
Compassion and Support
Hospital & Home Visits
No one looks forward to hospital stays, periods of rehabilitation, or extended care. Anxiety often accompanies hospitalizations, and extended care can cause isolation from family, friends, and the church community. Portland Christian Center pastors and caring volunteers seek to lift these burdens by visiting and praying with our church family in the hospital or extended care. There are two ways to request and/or notify us of the need for a hospital visit:
- Contact Pastor Joel Slater [ ] at 503.245.7735 x257, our pastor in charge of pastoral hospital or extended care visits. Please provide the person’s name, their hospital or care facility, and the dates they are expected to be there.
- Write the necessary information on a Friendship Card found in the sanctuary pews, and place it in the offering plate on Sunday morning.
When a traumatic event or even scheduled surgery occurs, the basic needs and routines of life can be challenging. If your family is facing an unexpected loss or a loved one is hospitalized, we may be able to facilitate short-term meal provision for one week. To request/notify us of the need for meals, you may:
- Contact Pastor Joel Slater [ ] at 503.245.7735 x257, our pastor in charge of Congregational Life Ministry.
- Fill out a Friendship Card and either place it in the offering, drop it off at the Welcome Center in the foyer, or deliver it to the Church Office.
- If the need is anticipated, please give at least one week notice.
- Ensure that all information is clearly given, including:
- Residence address, phone number, email address, contact name
- Preferred time of meal delivery
- Any dietary restrictions
- Number of family members
In times of financial hardship, there are ways to get help:
- Attend Financial Peace University - this 9-week course is proven to help eliminate debt and systematically manage income for a healthy financial future.
- Meet with a volunteer financial counselor to identify methods for improving your financial situation.
- Contact the church office and request to meet with POC (Pastor-On-Call).
Portland Christian Center adheres to a generous but strict Benevolence policy.
When someone loses their spouse, they don’t have to feel left alone. There are many ways to find support and strength. Consider taking advantage of the following:
- Classes/Groups - click here to view our list of opportunities
- Widows Mailing List - click here to submit your mailing info to be included in a regular mailing of cards/notes that bring words of comfort and prayer.
- Grief Release - a partnership ministry that facilitates a 5-week class on grieving and recovering from loss. To view their current schedule, click here.
One To Another:
P.O. Box 1181 Estacada, OR 97023-1181
Ph: 503-771-4341 | | www.onetoanother.org
Rapid Deployment Teams
To Make a Request for Rapid Deployment Ministry Team help, please do the following:
- Contact Pastor Joel Slater [ ] at 503.245.7735 x257, our pastor in charge of Congregational Care Ministry... or
- While attending one our reservices, fill out a Friendship Card with “Rapid Deployment Ministry Request” at the top of the Card. Clearly describe the issue and request.
Please understand that this team is called upon in emergencies and all requests are evaluated before acted upon. You will be notified of our final decision.