Easter Sunday Services in Portland
April 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM & 10:45 AM
Join us for Easter Church Services:
"Resurrection: What if Someone You Lost Returned?" with Pastor Ray Noah
Bringing Our Easter Best in Portland, Oregon!
- 100-voice choir with LIVE orchestra
- Complimentary light brunch at the Connection Café
- Professional Nursery available during services for free
- Redemptive Lift Offering: We will be taking an offering for a Compassion Clinic SW, a free-to-the-community medical clinic on May 17 at Wilson High School. [ more information about the Compassion Clinic ].
- The Incredible Journey and the Quest for the Lost Messiah!
Fun, exploration, secrets, and prizes await you on Easter Sunday at Portland Christian Center's Adventure Kids services. Grab your hat, whip and archeological tools for an adventure of Biblical proportions. Unearth clues about the last days of this man Jesus and the evidence he left behind. But you’ll have to help solve the greatest mystery of all… where did his body go?
- Check-in for Easter Kid's activities begins 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the church service on Easter Sunday. All volunteers have been through training and background checks to assure the safey of our children during children's church activities this Easter Sunday.
- We also have a professional nursery for babies and young children available for free.
Children's Church Check-in begins 10 minutes before the service. Children's Church Check-in is located in the north end of the building.
Palm Sunday Services in Portland, Oregon
Sunday, April 13 at 9:00 & 10:45 AM
Accompanied by his disciples, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a colt, while crowds of people covered the streets ahead of him with their cloaks and with palm branches. Begin the Holy Week of Easter with Water Baptism, a public declaration of God’s redemptive work in your life, in our Palm Sunday Services.
City-Wide Easter Prayer & Worship
Wednesday, April 16 at 7:00 PM
Location: Imago Dei, 1302 SE Ankeny Street, Portland, OR
Join Portland-area churches for City-Wide Easter Prayer and Worship on April 16 at Imago Dei. We’ll be praying that God will move among our friends and neighbors as the Gospel of Christ is preached throughout Portland on Easter Sunday.
Personal Prayer & Fasting
Thursday, April 17 to Easter Sunrise
After washing the feet of the disciples, Jesus celebrated the Last Supper, instituting Holy Communion and declaring the mandate to “love one another as I have loved you” on Maundy Thursday, also known as Holy Thursday. Tips on fasting can be found by clicking here or in a booklet you can grab at our Information Desk. [ online fasting guide ]
Good Friday Communion & Prayer:
The Last Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
Friday, April 18 at 7:00 PM
Christians around the world commemorate the passion, suffering, and death on the cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ on Good Friday.We will enjoy a time of reflection and communion. Our Good Friday service will rest on Jesus Christ's last words on the Cross.
*Portland Christian Center is a multigenerational and friendly church in Portland, Oregon. We are a church community of many ethnicities who want to know and love God more. We believe Jesus paid the price for our sins through His death and resurrection. There wll be a day that He returns for His bride the church and we will live for all eternity with him. If you are looking for a church in the metro Portland area, we invite you to join us this Easter Sunday for our Easter church services at 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM and feel right at home!