Developed for children who are turning four by September 1, our Pre-Kindergarten class is bursting with opportunities for children to grow socially, academically and spiritually. We provide phonics groups that are interactive and allow your child to learn at a pace that fits their needs. Our art program is focused on process-orientated self-expression, which allows your child to gain confidence and creativity. Math is presented using calendar, math manipulative, both oral and written counting, and through the introduction of many other mathematical concepts (addition, subtraction, patterns, etc.). Writing is interwoven throughout the curriculum. God is honored in all aspects of our curriculum, and our Bible curriculum is positive and age-appropriate.
- Social/Emotional Development
- Language Development
- Phonological Awareness: Rhyming, Clapping, syllables, and Alliteration
- Letter Recognition and Beginning Sounds in order Aa-Zz
- Vowel sounds with emphasis on short vowels
- Print Awareness and Emergent Reading
- Small and Large Muscle Development
- Color and Shape Recognition
- Number Recognition, Counting and One-to-One Correspondence
- Sequencing, Predicting, and Graphing
- Problem Solving
- Sensory Discrimination
- Developmental Writing
- Character Development
|Inside the Pre-Kindergarten Classroom|
|8:25||Class Opens/Free Time|
|10:20||Snack/Sharing Bag/Free Choice (10:25 on T/TH)|
|10:40||Math (10:45 on T/TH)|
|11:15||Chinese (Monday & Tuesday)|
|11:30||Dismissal (M/W/F) or Lunch/Recess|
|12:45||Art/Messy Art (Thursday)|
* Chinese and Spanish Language Skills are integrated into the classroom once a week.
* World Cultural studies are presented each month.