HILLTOP'S Statement of Faith
Hilltop Preschool & Kindergarten, located at 5700 Dosch Rd Portland, Oregon, welcomes families and individuals of every race, gender, and religion — recognizing the foundational truths and Biblical worldview that undergirds all of our activities, program, and curriculum selections.
At Hilltop Preschool and Kindergarten we take great pride in creating a loving environment for which all children, three years through Kindergarten, can grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. As a Christian preschool and Kindergarten, our curriculum and program choices focus on offering academics in a fun and creative way from a Biblical worldview. As part of our curriculum our students participate in chapels and regular Bible learning adhering to the National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith as listed below:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We recognize family systems have become very complex and the definition of family is expanding in our society today. Today we find in homes across America single parent families, grandparents raising grandchildren, blended families, step fathers, step mothers, surrogate mothers, step children…and the list goes on. Hilltop Preschool & Kindergarten’s practice is to speak from, and teach children, the Biblical model of a family unit at its best includes one daddy, one mommy, brothers, sisters, and extended family of grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.