Here are some Upcoming Events
Royal Family Kids
Confronting Abuse | Changing Lives
Caring for Portland-Area Children in Foster Care
3.6 million American children are reported as abused, abandoned and neglected. This includes children in our own communities. Portland Christian Center values these children, and has chosen to take tangible action, touching the lives of these children through Royal Family KIDS Portland.
Why Royal Family Kids?
Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, anything you do for even the least of these … you also did for me.” Matthew 25:40
Children of abuse, abandonment and neglect do not start their lives with the same advantages as “normal kids.” They are lonely and wounded—abused, abandoned and neglected—in need of hope, and deserving of a better future. That is why Portland Christian Center cares about children in the foster care system through Royal Family Kids.
Through the commitment of our time and resources, the family of Portland Christian Center provides an incredible Royal Family Kids camp experience each summer for Portland-area children who are in the foster care system. It is one way in which we are putting our faith into action, touching the lives of the most vulnerable around us and working to create redemptive lift in our own communities.
We believe nothing touches the heart of God like when we care for His kids!
Help Make a Difference
There is HOPE for these children. Through Royal Family Kids, you can help by:
- Making Scholarship Donations: Help make it possible for more children to participate in the camp experience. It costs $500 to sponsor a child for camp. Any donation makes a difference!
- Help Sponsor a Child To Camp
*Designate your gift to the Royal Family KIDS fund.
- Raising Community Awareness: Help raise awareness in our community for the mission of Royal Family KIDS of Portland.
- Helping Us Connect with Local Businesses and Organizations: By partnering with local businesses and organizations we can help manage program costs and expand our capacity, ultimately touching the lives of more of these children.
- Volunteering: Give of your time and energy to directly impact the lives of Portland’s foster children.
Phone: 971-285-HOPE (4673)
Email: Lorraine Zumwalt, Director [ ]
Learn more about our Royal Family KIDS: